Google Analytics sends a pageview for each page a users visit. Google Analytics processes this data and can infer a great deal of information including:
- The total time a user spends on your site.
- The time a user spends on each page and in what order those pages were visited.
- What internal links were clicked (based on the URL of the next pageview).
- In addition, the IP address, user agent string, and initial page inspection analytics.js does when creating a new tracker is used to determine things like the following:
- The geographic location of the user.
- What browser and operating system are being used.
- Screen size and whether Flash or Java is installed.
- The referring site.